Join us as we take a very different look at carbon removals.
Imagine a future where emissions are sinking rapidly AND we are taking CO2 out of the air. Imagine it was achieved by the Global South and Global North working together in a systematic way that combines nature-based and engineered solutions.
In this Futures Lab session, a wonderfully diverse group of climate experts – spanning the fault lines of Global South vs North, nature vs tech and reductions vs removals – for a conversation on what that future could look like and what we need to do now to make it a reality.
Organised by Valence Solutions and the UNFCCC Climate Champions, in partnership with Climate Action Platform – Africa, the Dalberg Group, Microsoft, Mission Innovation and Rethinking Removals.
Facilitated by Dr Gabrielle Walker, Director of Valence Solutions, the session will feature (in running order):
- James Mwangi, Executive Director, Dalberg Group and Founder of Climate Action Platform – Africa
- Nili Gilbert, Investment Committee Chair & Board Member, David Rockefeller Fund
- Julio Friedmann, Senior Research Scholar, Columbia University
- Janaina Dallan, Partner, Carbonext
- Kumi Naidoo, Global Ambassador, Africans Rising for Justice Peace and Dignity
- Kim Stanley Robinson, Futurist and Author of Ministry for the Future
- Cathy Li, COP26 OneStepGreener & UNFCCC Gender & Youth Constituencies
- Walter Schalka, CEO, Suzano
- Elizabeth Wilmott, Head of Carbon Removals, Microsoft
- Leo Prieto, CEO, Lemu
- Nigel Topping, UNFCCC High Level Climate Champion